Minehead School Adventure Centre
A beautiful seaside setting in the heart of Exmoor, Somerset.
Our Minehead School Adventure Centre Somerset, just a stone’s throw from a fine sandy beach and close to local castles and stunning walks, is nestled in at the foot of the Exmoor National Park Quantock Hills. This great location combined with quality and comfortable accommodation, all with en-suite facilities, and boundless activities such as indoor and outdoor pools, multiple aerial high ropes courses and zip wire, really does make this the ideal choice for your primary school residential activity break.
Minehead School Adventure Centre Somerset
Heated outdoor & indoor pools, beach access, sports fields, sports courts, high ropes course, zip wire, restaurant, disco, fairground, supermarket and shops, cinema, 10-pin bowling, entrainment, coffee shop, Internet and Wi-Fi access (30 mins free per person per day) and 24-hour security.
Key features include:
Breathtaking seaside scenery, affordable prices, experienced instructors to facilitate skills, action-packed adventurous itineraries, engaging evening activities, full board accommodation, insurance, superb facilities, payment plan to help parents budget, support and documents to assist teachers.
The accommodation is made up of stylish, modern and comfortable apartments with 2-3 bedrooms, each with 1-2 beds. All are fitted with central heating, bed linen provided and all with en-suite facilities and we provide specifically allocated teachers’ accommodation.
School Adventure Centres aren’t just about fun, fun, fun! They support many areas key to the enrichment and personal development of young people.
These activities support and encourage positive attitudes, awareness of others, mental development, motivation, behaviour, wellbeing, physical activity, social development, confidence and responsibility. The learning outcomes and benefits include:
- Working effectively in a team, supporting each other and recognising achievements
- Demonstrating the ability to listen, to understand and act on instructions
- Developing new skills, and improving physical techniques that enhances knowledge of the outdoor environment
- Using new equipment and gaining an understanding of its purpose and aim
- Exploring new environments and gaining an understanding of what they consist of
- Taking on new challenges and achieving goals
Just £260 (excl Vat) for a 5-day all inclusive residential trip that includes:
- Accommodation, full board
- 1 teacher place for every 8 students
- Fun packed activity programme
- Every Centre is fully compliant with all health and safety regulations and all centers either hold or are pending assessment of LotC Quality Badge, Adventuremark and BAPA.